Sleep Clinical Questions Paper
10. Which nursing measure best promotes sleep in a school-age
1. Encourage evening exercise
2. Offer a glass of hot chocolate before bedtime
3. Make sure that the room is dark and quiet
4. Use quiet activities consistently before bedtime
11. Which action by the nursing assistant at bedtime requires the
nurse to intervene?
1. Giving the patient a back rub
2. Turning on quiet music
3. Dimming the lights in the patient’s room
4. Giving a patient a cup of coffee
12. Which statement made by the patient indicates a need for
further teaching on sleep hygiene?
1. “I’m going to do my exercises before I eat dinner.”
2. “I’ll have a glass of wine at bedtime to relax.”
3. “I set my alarm to get up at the same time every morning.”
4. “I moved my computer to the den to do my work.”
13. Which statement made by an older adult best demonstrates
understanding of taking a sleep medication?
1. “I’ll take the sleep medicine for 4 or 5 weeks until my sleep
2. “Sleep medicines won’t cause any sleep problems once I
stop taking them.”
3. “I’ll talk to my health care provider before I use an overthe-counter sleep medication.”
4. “I’ll contact my health care provider if I feel extreme sleepy
in the mornings.”
14. The school nurse is teaching health-promoting behaviors that
improve sleep to a group of high school students. Which points
should be included in the education? (Select all that apply.)
1. Do not study in your bed.
2. Go to sleep each night whenever you feel tired.
3. Turn off your cell phone at bedtime.
4. Avoid drinking coffee or soda before bedtime.
5. Turn on the television to help you fall asleep.
15. The nurse is taking a sleep history from a patient. Which statement made by the patient needs further follow-up?
1. I always feel tired when I wake up in the morning.
2. I go to bed at the same time each night.
3. It takes me about 15 minutes to fall asleep.
4. Sometimes I have to get up during the night to urinate.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more