Skin Integrity and Wound Care
7. Which skin care measures are used to manage a patient who
is experiencing fecal and urinary incontinence?
1. Keeping the buttocks exposed to air at all times
2. Using a large absorbent diaper, changing when saturated
3. Using an incontinence cleaner, followed by application of a
4. Frequent cleaning, applying an ointment, and covering the
areas with a thick absorbent towel
8. Which of the following describes a hydrocolloid dressing?
1. A seaweed derivative that is highly absorptive
2. Premoistened gauze placed over a granulating wound
3. A debriding enzyme that is used to remove necrotic tissue
4. A dressing that forms a gel that interacts with the wound
9. Which of the following is an indication for a binder to be
placed around a surgical patient with a new abdominal
1. Collection of wound drainage
2. Reduction of abdominal swelling
3. Reduction of stress on the abdominal incision
4. Stimulation of peristalsis (return of bowel function) from
10. When is an application of a warm compress indicated? (Select
all that apply.)
1. To relieve edema
2. For a patient who is shivering
3. To improve blood flow to an injured part
4. To protect bony prominences from pressure ulcers
11. What is the removal of devitalized tissue from a wound called?
2. Pressure reduction
3. Negative pressure wound therapy
12. Name the three important dimensions to consistently measure
to determine wound healing.
13. What does the Braden Scale evaluate?
1. Skin integrity at bony prominences, including any wounds
2. Risk factors that place the patient at risk for skin
3. The amount of repositioning that the patient can tolerate
4. The factors that place the patient at risk for poor healing
14. On assessing your patient’s sacral pressure ulcer, you note that
the tissue over the sacrum is dark, hard, and adherent to the
wound edge. What is the correct stage for this patient’s pressure ulcer?
1. Stage II
2. Stage IV
4. Suspected deep tissue damage
15. Name one intervention and the rationalization to use that
intervention to reduce the likelihood of a shear injury to a
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more