Private Settings for Community Health Nursing
1. You are practicing as a newly hired nurse in a NMHC. What assessments would you conduct to determine the
needs for the local community that surrounds the NMHC? What sources of data (qualitative and quantitative)
would be useful to you during your assessment?
2. Base upon your findings in the previous question, what public policy issues are apparent in this community?
How could you, as a nurse working in this NMHC, impact public policy in the future? What key legislators
would you contact? How would you accomplish this?
3. Locate a NMHC in your community. Interview a public health nurse or a nurse practitioner employed here.
Ask the nurse to describe the type of NMHC model he/she works in. Ask the nurse about Best Practices performed in his/her role. If you cannot locate a NMHC in your local community, search online via the National
Nursing Centers Consortium’s Web site at www.nncc.us for a NMHC. Email the nurse listed as the contact
person and ask him/her the questions found above.
4. This chapter covers the role of the parish nurse. Search for information about this area of community health
nursing in your community. Do you know a parish nurse? If so, plan to observe his or her practice for a few
hours and explore what the role entails in this faith community.
5. Use the Internet and networking to find information about faith community nursing in your community. How
prevalent are FCNs in your community? Is there a local organization for FCNs? What models of practice are
most commonly used in your community?
6. Contact a FCN in your area and arrange to interview or shadow the nurse. Explore the services offered by FCNs
in your area. Identify the knowledge and skills needed to function effectively in the role. Discuss the process
the nurse used to establish his or her FCN practice.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more