Pain Management Writing Paper
11. The patient rates his pain as a 6 on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0
being no pain and 10 being the worst pain. The patient’s wife
says that he can’t be in that much pain since he has been sleeping for 30 minutes. Which is the most accurate resource for
assessing the pain?
1. The patient’s wife is the best resource for determining the
level of pain since she has been with him continually for
the entire day.
2. The patient’s report of pain is the best method for assessing
3. The patient’s health care provider has the best knowledge
of the level of pain that the patient that should be
4. The nurse is the most experienced at assessing pain
12. When using ice massage for pain relief, which of the following
are correct? (Select all that apply.)
1. Apply ice using firm pressure over skin.
2. Apply ice until numbness occurs and remove the ice for 5
to 10 minutes.
3. Apply ice until numbness occurs and discontinue
4. Apply ice for no longer than 10 minutes.
13. When teaching a patient about transcutaneous electrical nerve
stimulation (TENS), which information do you include?
1. TENS works by causing distraction.
2. TENS therapy does not require a health care provider’s
3. TENS requires an electrical source for use.
4. TENS electrodes are applied near or directly on the site of
14. While caring for a patient with cancer pain, the nurse knows
that the World Health Organization (WHO) analgesic ladder
1. Transitioning use of adjuvants with nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to opioids.
2. Using acetaminophen for refractory pain.
3. Limiting the use of opioids because of the likelihood of side
4. Avoiding total sedation, regardless of how severe the
15. A postoperative patient is currently asleep. Therefore the nurse
1. The sedative administered may have helped him sleep, but
assessment of pain is still needed.
2. The intravenous (IV) pain medication is effectively relieving his pain.
3. Pain assessment is not necessary.
4. The patient can be switched to the same amount of medication by the oral route.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more