Oxygenation Discussion Questions Paper
7. A patient is admitted with severe lobar pneumonia. Which of
the following assessment findings would indicate that the
patient needs airway suctioning?
1. Coughing up thick sputum only occasionally
2. Coughing up thin, watery sputum easily after nebulization
3. Decreased independent ability to cough
4. Lung sounds clear only after coughing
8. A patient was admitted after a motor vehicle accident with
multiple fractured ribs. Respiratory assessment includes signs/
symptoms of secondary pneumothorax, which includes which
of the following?
1. Sharp pleuritic pain that worsens on inspiration
2. Crackles over lung bases of affected lung
3. Tracheal deviation toward the affected lung
4. Increased diaphragmatic excursion on side of rib
9. A patient has been newly diagnosed with emphysema. In discussing his condition with the nurse, which of his statements
would indicate a need for further education?
1. “I’ll make sure that I rest between activities so I don’t get
so short of breath.”
2. “I’ll rest for 30 minutes before I eat my meal.”
3. “If I have trouble breathing at night, I’ll use two to three
pillows to prop up.”
4. “If I get short of breath, I’ll turn up my oxygen level to
10. The nurse goes to assess a new patient and finds him lying
supine in bed. The patient tells the nurse that he feels short of
breath. Which nursing action should the nurse perform first?
1. Raise the head of the bed to 45 degrees.
2. Take his oxygen saturation with a pulse oximeter.
3. Take his blood pressure and respiratory rate.
4. Notify the health care provider of his shortness of breath.
11. The nurse is caring for a patient who exhibits labored breathing and uses accessory muscles. The patient has crackles in
both lung bases and diminished breath sounds. Which would
be priority assessments for the nurse to perform? (Select all
1. SpO2 levels
2. Amount of sputum production
3. Change in respiratory rate and pattern
4. Pain in lower calf area
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more