Kierkegaard, Fear and Trembling (1843), Ethics and Faith
Answer one of the following questions in 100 words based on the reading giving to you.
1. What is Faith for Kierkegaard? And how does he see faith in relation to Ethics?
(Try to find examples from the text. And also, tell me in your own words).
2. What does he mean by his question: Is there a Teleological Suspension of the Ethical?
(In your own words, what does the question mean?)
3. Can you think of any examples of where it would be justified to suspend the ethical,
(to suspend a common or universal idea of ethics), for the rights or faith of an individual?
(You can mention either hypothetical, or actual examples. Really think about what this
4. What is the Knight of Faith for Kierkegaard? And how does he compare this figure
to the tragic hero, to prove his point about faith?
(Again, find examples from the text).
5. Is there a problem with Kierkegaards philosophy of Faith? What does it actually mean for ethics?
(Also, think about our contemporary society today. How might Kierkegaards ideas fit
into todays world?)
6. And finally, I would like you to think about your own life. How does faith play a role in
informing your ethics? Also, how does your idea of faith relate to Kierkegaards, if at all?
(Think broadly about the different ways that you can interpret the question.)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more