Evaluating Framework Alignment UG
430 W6 Benchmark – Evaluating Framework Alignment UG
Take a moment to review the details of this assignment below and gather any necessary files.
Frameworks were briefly introduced in Topic 1 as students mapped HIPAA and PCI to the NIST 800-53 set of security controls. NIST is only one of many available frameworks companies can use to establish and manage their IT and security programs while meeting industry standards, regulations, compliance, and laws. This assignment will continue evaluating frameworks and the applicability.
In a two to four-page paper, provide a comparison of five major frameworks. For each framework, identify the similarities and differences among each of the other frameworks in a matrix fashion.
Potential frameworks include: COSO, COBIT, ISO 27001, ITIL, NIST 800 Series, Risk Management Framework, Cybersecurity Framework, Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR), Threat Agent Risk Assessment (TARA), or Operationally Critical Threat Asset and Vulnerability Evaluation (OCTAVE). Note: Prince2, PMBOK, OPM3, SixSigma, and other project management-based models are not applicable for this assignment.
Make sure to address the following:
1. Explain each framework (purpose) and how they can be applied to a company.
2. List the similarities and differences among them.
3. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of each framework.
4. Frameworks provide guidance to ensure information privacy and security. While privacy focuses on an individual’s right, security refers to an organization’s responsibility. Provide one ethical standpoint that you would choose privacy over security and discuss it from the Christian worldview.
5. Describe the industry or organization best suited to each framework (i.e., hospital, banking, manufacturing, retail). Include examples.
Briefly answer the questions below to explain the differences between the five frameworks selected and Access Control Models presented:
1. What is the difference between an Access Control Model and Security Framework?
2. Can Access Control Models and Frameworks be combined?
3. How does a framework impact an information system?
4. How does an Access Control Model impact an information system?
5.1 Explain the primary steps of “Access Control Process” for organizations to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of that information.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more