Business Ethics And Social System Essay
1) YOU MUST ANSWER FOUR (4) OF THE 10 QUESTIONS LISTED BELOW – REMINDER ANSWER ONLY FIVE QUESTIONS
2) PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ANSWER ALL PARTS OF EACH QUESTION. EACH QUESTION HAS A VALUE OF FIVE (5) POINTS. IDENTIFY THE QUESTION YOUR ARE ANSWERING.
1) Provide a comprehensive understanding on the principal symptoms of teleopathy and the function of conscience in an organization. Draw (from the text or articles on D2L) an example when organizational consciousness was needed to address a critical ethical issue related to the negative impact of teleopathic behavior. Explain
2) Present your understanding of key principles related to virtue ethics and the argument put forth by MacIntyre in the text. Do you agree or disagree with his fundamental claim regarding virtue ethics. Explain. Clarify how MacIntyre differs from Peter Drucker’s’ understanding of the ultimate end (telos) of a business. Be specific in your points of differentiation.
3) Create your working definition on the notion of the common good. What intrinsic and extrinsic value doe such an idea have as an ethical theory in modern society? Develop an argument about measles vaccination utilizing your understanding of the common good. Be specific in your claims.
4) Chapter 11 explored management practices and attitudes through the lens of Zen Buddhism. In the text the authors named four ways related to Zen practices for managers to act to benefit themselves, others, the company and the world. Identify those ways and provide your insights into the strengths and weakness of such an approach.
5) In Chapter 12 the notion of Confusion trustworthiness is developed. Provide a brief summary of this idea as presented in the text. Explain how the ethical virtue of trust, as understood in Western business practices, is similar or different than what Confucianism holds. Be specific in your explanation.
6) What evidence did we find in Chapter 14 “How Green is Judaism” that humanity holds a privileged place in the ecosphere? What are the implications for such a claim in regards to ways ones approach the environment? Overall do you feel religion supports a greater awareness and just treatment of the environment or has the teachings found in many religions contribute to environmental harm? Explain.
7) Summarize the key ethical issues addressed in Rerum Novarum. Why was this document such an important statement that many claims still have relevance today? How did it impact the development of the U.S. Catholic bishop’s statement “Economic Justice for All”?
8) Write an ethical position statement on the call for a $15 minimum wage nationwide Write an ethical positon on such a claim either in favor or against. What ethical theories could support your argument? How does such a claim fit into what we have explored in class- be sure to relate your insights into those of Adam Smith, Milton Friedman, and Alasdair MacIntrye, U.S. Bishops “Economic Justice for All”
9) Can “sweatshops” ever be morally justified? If so, under what circumstances and what moral claims would allow for them? – If not what moral virtues do not allow for them to exist in a good society? How does the existence of sweatshops reflect on issues like the common good, justice and freedom?
10) Write and ethical justification for each of these three claims. Provide and examination of ethical theories discussed in class or in the text that would justify your claims
1. The economy exists for the person, not the person for the economy.
2. All economic life should be shaped by moral principles.
3. Economic choices and institutions must be judged by how they protect or undermine the life and dignity of the human person, support the family and serve the common good
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more