HOSP 4040 Asset Management
Assignment: Franchise Analysis
This assignment is due via the Assignment Link by 11: 59 PM Eastern, on the due date.
This assignment is worth 50 points, and will be graded based on the rubic. You may view the rubric by clicking on the assignment link.
Late work will not be accepted.
You are working as an Asset Manager for a major hotel ownership group. Your company is performing due diligence on a hotel asset in a secondary metropolitan market in the Southeast United States. Your company wants to select from one of 3 brands that are available in this location. Your analyist has entered the relavant information in to an Excel spreadsheet for you to use to complete the analysis and recommend a brand.
Your company has identified an opportunity to purchase a hotel asset in a secondary metropolitan market in the Southeast United States. This city has recently opened a convention center, and there are several hotels near the center, including your target.
The property opon which you are performing due diligence currently has a major brand, however your feasibility team feels that a repositioning strategy moving the hotel up in perceived quality represents a great opportunity for value improvement and has asked you to review the opportunity for 3 major global brands.
When looking at a brand, there are several major considerations.
First and most important, what level of market share is the brand expected to deliver? This is determined by having the brand provide their brand average, and the average of markets and competitive sets similar to yours.
· Occupancy Index
· ADR Index
· RevPar Index.
What will the renovation/FFE requirements of the conversion be? This would include:
· Rooms and public space renovations
· New guest room furniture or entertainment systems that comply with brand standards.
· Technology including Point of Sale, Property Management System, Reservations System, and Guest Room Locking systems.
· Elevator security
· Kitchen and Bar Equipment
· Vans (if the hotel is providing transportation)
· Exterior and Interior Signage
What are the initial costs of changing operating supplies to the new brand standard?
· China, Glassware, Silver, Linen, Terry
· Guest Amenities
· Guest room supplies
· In Room collateral
· Marketing collateral
What are the franchise fees, and upon what revenue streams are they based?
· Application Fee
· Initial Fee
· Ongoing franchise fees
What are the other fees associated with the brand?
· Reservations and Revenue Managent Fees
· Brand negotiated OTA commissions
· Frequency Program Fees
· Sales and Marketing Fees
· Guest response/guest satisfaction programs
As your company is the Franchisee with these brands in other hotel projects, you have all of this information at hand. Your analyist has put information about the target hotel, and the brands into an Excel workbook for you to use to complete your analysis.
1. Calculate the costs and benefits of each brand.
· Using the information in the Excel spreadsheet, calculate the impact of moving the hotel from the existing brands share to the recommended brands market share. Assume that can happen in the first year.
· Apply the fees and other costs to the revised revenue calculated above.
· Apply the FFE and Renovation requirements as a Capital Expenditure – separate from the expenses calculated above.
2. Submit the Excel spreadsheet saved as “yourname.xlxs” to the assignment link. Indicate in the submission text box the brand you selected.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more